Monday, April 25, 2016

Jimmy Beans Beanie Bag October 2015


Back in October of 2015 I decided to start recievng the monthly Beanie Bag from Jimmy Beans Wool. Each month for 10 dollars you receive a very cool cloth bag with a metal zipper.  In each bag you will find samples of the yarn that they sell.  There are usually at least 4 samples of 15 - 20 yards each.  Along with that you normally get some kind of extra surprise and a pattern that will allow you to make something with those samples.  I think that this is the smartest idea ever.  

It is great for Jimmy Beans Wool because it gets a little bit of the products they offer into your hands every month to let people know the wonderful yarns that they carry.  It keeps their name right there in front of you at least once a month so that you don’t forget about them..  Lastly it is so much fun that you want to tell your friends about it.

I the consumer get a neat little bag full of goodies.  A chance to try new yarns. A chance to try new techniques.  And most of all a quick small project that I can complete in an afternoon if I want to.  

For October their first ever Beanie Bag contained samples of Mrs. Crosby Satchel, Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock, Cascade Heritage Silk, and Baah LaJolla.  It also included a couple of very cool stitch markers, a sample of wool wash, and some very pretty buttons.

The patterns were for some lovely wrist bands that work up really quickly.  The knit pattern was called The Horseshoe Lace Cuff and the crochet was done in the Heritage Silk and simply called a Crocheted Wristlette.

Out of all the yarns I think that I preferred the Mrs. Crosby Satchel because when you work a lace pattern in a single ply it is just sooooo soft. That does not mean that I did not like the others,  they were awesome as well, I just preferred the single ply.  The Horseshoe lace pattern was actually one of the first lace patterns that I had ever worked and found that it is really so easy.  Since then I have no fear when it comes to lace and understanding the patterns whether in chart or written form.

This is just so much fun.

No comments: