Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bobbin Lace in the Park

At the last Freeway Lace Guild meeting that I attended I found out how important it is for us to demonstrate lace making in order to support the IOL and our Guild.

So this week I have been spending my time at the park working on my Lace. India gets a chance to play and I get a chance to work with wonderful natural light. The only thing to worry about working outside is to stay out of the direct sunlight, but lucky for me this park has lots of great shade.

Most people ignore me and what I am doing, but every so often someone expresses some interest. I know that if I keep it up long enough more and more people will begin to realize that there is more to do at the park than talk on the phone while their kids play.

Since I took a long break from lace making and never had gone much beyond an advanced beginner I have decided to work on some simple patterns just to get my rhythm up. The pattern I am working on only takes eight pair and is from "The Torchon Lace Workbook" by Bridget M. Cook. I can see using this simple lace on something for my daughter or one of her dolls.

Fresh Air and Lace what more could I ask for.

No comments: