Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Swiss Cheese and Mushroom Quiche

Tonights dinner was one of my favorite dishes to make. The recipe comes from the Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen.

This dish is a very simple quiche that has a real French cuisine flavor. The ingriedients are simple. Butter,flour, milk, eggs, onion, cheese, Thyme, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika. Almost everything I have on hand at all times. The only thing I really have to think about is the mushrooms.

One of the main things I believe in doing that makes my life simple is having the ingredients on hand when I need them. If I have to run to the store to get something that I only use on that dish I find I am doing little more than wasting time and money. For the most part most French style receipes revolve around some basic delicious ingredients. Butter, butter, and butter. It's worth it.

No comments: