Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dorset Wool


This big ball of fluffy wooly goodness is actually only one third of its original size. When I received it, it was just shy of 15 ounces. My mother sent it to me from Ohio. It was some wool raised on a farm near her and the neighbor sold it to her already processed into roving. When it arrived in the mail I could not help but think that I had just received a lovely base of a snow man. I don't miss the cold but an occaisional snowman certainly would be nice from time to time.

At this point I have all but 5 ounces spun into a "worsted" weight yarn. I then plan on dying it into about 3 different colors of young girl friendly shades. I plan on making my daughter a granny square vest for her to wear this coming winter. I not long ago was re-introduced to the granny square and just can't resist doing my part to revive such a tried and true design.

No comments: