Monday, July 25, 2011

Casserole Night


One great thing to have for dinner when you have no idea what to fix is a casserole. Tonight I made Broccoli Mushroom Noodle Casserole from "The New Moosewood Cookbook" by Mollie Katzen. This is a nice alternative to a Tuna Noodle Casserole. When I was a kid I could not stand the taste of tuna. Now I enjoy it but I also enjoy having a vegetarian option on a regular basis. I especially like the recipes in this cookbook because they use ingredients that are readily available.

I think that the one thing that I would change in the future for this recipe is to make homemade egg noodles and homemade bread crumbs. I think that would increase the value of the flavors in this dish. With store bought it can be a bit bland. Which sometimes is good but not always.

No comments: