Monday, July 18, 2011

A Faery Home Companion


As parents we all like to believe that we see our childrens future career within the arena of play. I like to imagine that India will one day become a famous architect that specializes in the innovation of houses for a greener, happier, healthier, planet. The fact of the matter remains that I have my ideas, and for the most part she just likes building Faery Houses.

She had just turned seven and my sister sent her a box of craft sticks along with other art materials for her birthday. For about the first 15 minutes that she was working with the craft sticks she seemed unsure as to how she would use this new medium. Within no time after that, however, she started to develop ideas, encounter structure challanges, and then overcome them. If nothing else I know that the future of Faery housing is safe in her hands.

No comments: