Friday, July 29, 2011

En Plein Air


After India and I were talking about the artists in France Painting "En Plein Air" we decided to do a little Plein Air painting ourselves. After we were done with a few errands today we went up to the Getty Center Museum to get down to business.

It had been a few years since I had been there so I was surprised when I discovered that the parking rate had gone up from $5 to $15. At least you get in for free. Still a deal in the long run. However, I often like to get the opportunity to buy passes so that I can visit a place multiple times instead of just once. With kids you never know how long they will hold up at a place you visit. Sometimes you need to leave shortly after you arrive and I don't like to feel presured to stay.

So back to the painting at the Getty. We had a nice time down by the garden doing a little sketching and painting. Then before India got too tired of it all we went and saw the impressionist paintings and took a photo in front of Van Gogh's Irises. I think that one of the things I appreciate about living in Los Angeles area above all others is the access that I have to such world class museums.

No comments: