Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My New Baby!


On sunday I got the opportunity to receive a four-shaft Herald Loom from one of my Weaving Guild friends JoAnne Cook. It came originally from the estate of Edna Barton who was also a SCHG member.

The Herald Loom was made in Lodi, Ohio. The company is no longer in business.

I was able to just fit the loom in the back of my Element and my husband helped me get it into the crafting studio that I use. I have spent some time the last couple of days working through some issues with the treadles and I think I have worked through them. One of the nice things about trying to figure these issues out is that they help you learn more about your loom. I have never worked on a four-shaft loom before but I am looking forward to what I can do with it. So far I have only had my small two-harness table loom that is on its last legs. While there are many things that you can do on it there are also many things that you can't. This new loom opportunity should keep me busy for quite a while.

I am not sure what my first work will be on it yet, but, I hope to get started soon. Maybe a rep weave or some twill. Oh the possibilities!

No comments: