Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dish Drainer?


One of the things about living simply is that you are always looking for ways to use the things around you in new ways. Ways that make your life easier. Now in general most people would say that using a dish washer makes your life easier. However, it does come with its own sets of issues. For instance here in our apartment the plumbing does not seem to drain well so you can only use the dishwasher every other day or it backs up. Knowing this particular quirk I find I have to hand wash a large portion of the time.

Now I actually like to hand wash but my finger tips tend to develop nasty little splits unless I use gloves. Since I have such a small space I do not have a dish drainer on my very limited counter space. So as soon as I have washed some dishes I end up taking off my gloves. Drying dishes. Putting on my gloves. Wash some dishes. etc. etc. etc.

Then the other day it finally occured to me. Why not just let my dishes dry in the dishwasher racks. Simple, more space, and much quicker in the long run. I know its sounds obvious but I finally figured this one out.

No comments: