Thursday, July 28, 2011

Painting in France


Tonight my daughter and I were watching Rick Steve's Europe on television and at one point in the program he was talking about the people who love to draw and paint in the open air in France. It reminded me of the three months that I spent in France back in 1998. In no time I was inspired to try my hand at being an artist in Paris. I started to wander around with my sketch book in hand drawing the sites around me. I was encouraged to find an art teacher who could speak English and take some lessons while I was there. This first picture is one that I worked on while I was taking a lesson with my teacher, Boris Slovinsky. It is a copy of a painting by Amedeo Modigliani. At the time I had very little exposure to the arts but somehow I really fell in love with this Women in the Red Shall. After I worked on this piece I went around to the museums in Paris that had some of Modigliani's work. I Love his style. This next picture is of his original.

No comments: