Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Doll Carrier


A few days ago I posted about a felted swan that I received the instructions for in "Living Crafts" magazine. This Baby Doll Carrier is another project that I did from that same magazine (Spring 2011).

I did not jump at this particular project since it was crochet and I had not done crochet for years. However, I was already in the process of making India some knitted stuffed animals that needed some accessories.

I found some yarn that I already had on hand and found a crochet hook that had originally been given to me by my Grandmother Nina Knittle along with a skein of yarn one Christmas. (This is the same grandmother that tried to show me how to tat) I read over the instructions a few times and settled down to start to crochet. I was impressed by how much I remembered and also how much faster crochet was than knitting.

Crochet is so versatile and blends easily with knitting and many other fiber arts since you do not have to find a way to pick up some stiches to "cast on" as you do when you add knitting to a piece. It was worth giving a try once more and I plan on doing a crochet vest for my daughter soon.

No comments: