Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spud & Chloe at the Farm

Yes, just one more project to get started with.  I saw this book advertised at the back of Living Crafts Magazine and had to get it.  The book is full of instructions to make a whole knitted farm yard scene and a story to go along with it.

This book is designed using the Spud & Chloe Yarn line from Blue Sky Alpacas.  This yarn is partly super wash wool and partly cotton in a worsted weight yarn. 

While I am sure it would be great to use this yarn that I am sure is divine, I checked on the prices.  It seems that each skein is just under $20.  That means to get all of the colors to make just Chloe you will be spending around $60 once you add tax or shipping.  Now I am sure that each skein will be able to be used in more than one of the patterns. It still comes out pretty pricey for me. 

I am presently using some "Wool Ease" that I have on hand to test out the patterns.  I may also experiment with other worsted weight yarns to complete this cute little scene.  So far the patterns seem pretty straight forward and I hope to be able to learn enough from working my way through them that I will ultimately be designing some of my own cute little things.  Some ideas are fluttering through my mind.

No comments: