Monday, August 15, 2011

Painting With Wool


Wool is such a versatile fiber. You can spin it, weave with it, knit it, felt it, stuff things with it, and even paint with it.

This technique is called magic wool and essentially you just lay the wool on a felt base and press it together. I am just starting to work with it that way so when all was said and done I did a little needle felting to keep it all together. I think that in retrospect I need to work a little more slowly. Diligence almost always pays off. One of the nice things about getting older is that I no longer feel pressured to hurry. I think that is one of the things that people who have a passion for art and crafting have is that willingness to let something evolve in its own time. Sometimes you just have to give the work time to show up, if you move to fast you miss all of the fun.

No comments: