Friday, August 19, 2011

Lace For Shoulder Bag

 A few days ago (August 13)  I made a post called Weft Faced Weave.  This post showed some weaving that I am working on that I plan on making into a shoulder bag.  I am also making some lace to put on the bag when it is down to give it a little texture. 

This particular lace is being made with, I think, 60/2 Linen.  The pattern itself comes from "101 Torchon Patterns"  by Robin S. Lewis.  This particular book is a really nice place to start for some basic Torchon patterns that are easy to follow and give you an opportunity to work on many different techniques.  Many of them can easily be adapted to use different stitches than is originally shown to spice up your work. 

I especially like this pattern because of the hearts.  I think it will give some nice contrast to the more ethnic feel of the weaving that I have done so far.

No comments: