Thursday, August 11, 2011

The First Challenge Is Complete!

A little over a month ago I decided to post on this blog for 30 days straight. I am happy to say that I achieved that goal. Like many of us out there I had started working on a blog. Posted once or twice. Then intended to continue at some date somewhere out there in that future place that means "not gonna happen".

I set this goal because I was tired of going through my day thinking about something and saying "Oh I should blog about that" and then not doing it. I want these ideas down in writing so here I am....writing.

Some of the things I learned over the last month was that it really was not that difficult to set aside a few minutes a day to post here. I often would try to keep collecting ideas in my mind as I thought of them so that come about 9:00 at night I had something to write about. Some days that was a stretch, but, for the most part ideas always showed up. Another thing that I worked through for myself was what I wanted this blog to be about really deep down. Mostly I want it to be a place that people can look at the projects I am working on. Maybe be inspired to try something similar or to try something else. I just want people to try and get rid of all of the extra ideas we all get on how we are supposed to be in the world and start to do it their way. Make their own little bit of heaven for themselves and their families in their home. Who needs a spa or resort when you come into your own home everyday and feel love and joy and all of the simple good things in life.

Hmmmm, I need another goal! Thirty more days? Why Not?

No comments: